Have you taken the time to review your online presence recently? If not, it might be time for a check-up!
Just like an annual physical can help identify any potential health problems for you, an online checkup can help identify any problems for your business.
Many small business owners wrongly assume that as long as they’re not receiving any complaints, things are running smoothly. But that’s not always the case. In fact, there is always room to improve your web presence – whether you’re brand-new to business or you’ve been online for years.
An online checkup can provide you with the tools you need to reevaluate your strategies and better grow your brand’s web presence. Here’s how you can get started:
- Review your website. These days, your website is likely the first point of contact any potential customer will have with your business. Does it contain the most up-to-date information about your products and services? Is your contact information current? Is the design intuitive and user-friendly?
- Do a mobile check-up. Many of your prospects and customers are likely arriving on your website via a mobile device. That’s why it’s imperative for your pages to work well, whether they’re being displayed on a pc or a tablet. And if you find that your site doesn’t display correctly on smaller screens, it’s usually a quick fix!
- Update your blog. If you’ve been in business for a while, it’s likely that you have a lot of older content piling up on your blog. Do a quick scan and see what can be updated: depending on the industry, facts and statistics can change frequently, and you want your audience to receive only the most accurate information.
- Head over to social media. The average person spends nearly two hours a day on social media. If they happen upon your business page, you want to make sure it looks great! Are you maintaining an active presence? Are your profiles targeted towards your ideal client? Do you interact with your audience?
- Improve directory listings. If you have a physical location for your business, you NEED to claim all of your listings! Google My Business, Yelp, and other directories offer the opportunity to get your products and services seen by more people.
You know what they say: you only have one chance to make a first impression! Make yours a good one by improving your online presence today.